Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Don't Be Afraid to Change on the Fly

I'm in a curious position. I think my business concept is right on...but I think I need to tweak my product offerings. I'm sure that's common among business start ups. The way a business looks when they start isn't always how they end up looking or operating down the road. The great thing about the web is that you can change on the fly. What I found with www.Design-Girls.com (an interactive clothing and accessories website for girls) is that while many girls love to create a full outfit that matches, it tends to be the younger ones. While that is great, I realize that I am limiting my audience. Luckily there are many places that I can sell my existing inventory while making the transition to items that appeal to a wider audience. One priority is offering more embellishments. I don't have to throw up my hands and say...this is wrong, I can simply transition over time.

No comments: